Tuesday, January 16, 2007

When David slew Goliath

CAST
DAVID : Mr Lavender, Acquaintance from 6Th of January 2006
GOLIATH : Perverse sense of duty, Machiavellian principle

INT. CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT - NIGHT
A couple is sitting on a white couch, drinks on the side and facing a cityscape. Soft music is playing in the background. Finance books and Economist magazines are scattered around their feet, and on the table in front of them, a Blackberry blinking, next to a mobile.

DAVID
(apologetically)
So, I was thinking that Lauren and I don't get along. She wants me to get treatment and go on drugs. I went to the docs today, I am a bipolar.

GOLIATH
(skeptically)
I am a high functioning autistic, exhibit Asperger's syndrome and I have mild dyslexia. I also have no ethics. You're not crazy at all. You're completely harmless and probably normal. As normal as the rest of humanity.

DAVID
I am supposed to be bipolar, but my doctor told me that if I was rich, I'd simply be called an eccentric.

GOLIATH
Wait, you're telling me that Lauren is considering having a long-term relationship with you, on condition that you to go to a shrink ?

DAVID
(staring)
I actually never saw it that way. I was going back to London in September before this came up.

DAVID (CONT'D)
From the other day, I have been going through it.

GOLIATH
(wearily)
What?

DAVID
If I asked you, would you go to London ?

No comments: