Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Word of the Day

BĂȘte noire , French for "black beast."
Synonym : Anathema

Now all I have to do is use it. I have been successful in using schadenfreude, rendezvous [long ago] , coupe de grace and je ne sais quoi. Now its all fancy, I know, but the funny thing about the english language is that they don't use nearly half as many words as they should, and its not as evocative as something foreign.

Shoot me if I go into a japanese phase and start buying silk pajamas.

Tomorrow its B'ham city, the final exam and then the dotted line. Its slightly scary how committing myself to a job here also means I commit myself to staying in this country for possibly half a decade at the least, and of course, learning how to drive, getting a house and ..... getting married. The M word, oh the M word. The fantastic thing about here though, is that I will eventually go back home for awhile and benefit from the disgustingly good exchange rate. Either that, or I can start building my retirement home where its warm.

No matter what other countries may have, the tiny dot has three unbeatable standards of excellence in public transport, food, shopping, weather, cleanliness, safety and the death penalty. Alright, more than three points to assure I will always come home.

Just randomly, here is another music vid.

Fischerspooner - Never Win


xx
g

No comments: