Friday, May 25, 2007

An Update

Terribly quiet, I know.

Its a friday night and I just watched Waterworld, which isn't half bad. Its funny, I think of things to write on this blog all the time, but whenever I am actually on it, there is nothing much to say.

Ah , the UK.
I had fun in birmingham, and probably ate my weight in fish and chips. Anyone would make a mint in singapore if they opened one up, but I think the appeal is the thick piece of fish itself, and nothing to do with the batter. Thats what attracts me anyway.

A LOT has happened in the last month since I posted. Here is the blueprint of the next year or so, in consideration that I really want to drive a Maserati/Zonda/Alfa Romeo in Singapore just to piss pedestrians off in Orchard Rd. Really sophisticated, I know .

I have finally managed to buy my own firm, with the technology and licensing. I can't see myself doing anything else, which is good, because I only don't do things if I have found something better. As for how much it cost , please don't ask.

So I am shipping back David , along with a canadian manager, anytime after August. It could be a few weeks after, or maybe next year, just depends how well the funding goes for my firm. Its doing well, lets just say.

I've got a nice hiring base, but I have told my manager to hire an MBA and fire him the next week. MBAs, beware. I expect someone like that , who expects to be paid twice above norm rates, to perform twice as profitably , in half the time. So, for an expected double output of MY capital, I want 400% from him. I'd like to see any runny-nosed, egghead , 'I went to Harvard with Daddy's money' MBA do that.

There is also a possibility that I run a branch in London, because someone out of our partnership bowed out. Mwahaha. SO maybe I won't be back just after August, who knows.

No comments: